Pursuance with Article 31, paragraph 3 of the Law on Innovations (Official Gazette of the Republic of Macedonia No. 79/2013, 137/2013, 41/2014, 44/2015, 6/2016, 53/2016 and 190/16), the Management Board of the Fund for Innovations and Technology Development Skopje announces:
International Call for Selection of
Members of the Committee for Approval of investments of the Fund for Innovations and Technology Development
Information about the Institution:
The Fund for innovations and technology development aims to promote and stimulate innovation activities, improve the access to financial support for innovations, develop of infrastructure for innovations and technological development and foster development of partnerships between academia, research community and private sector in the Republic of Macedonia. The Fund will stimulate innovation activities and their inclusion in the mainstream private sector (commercialization) in order to build a competitive, knowledge-based economy.
The Fund will pursue its objectives by providing co-financing grants for start-ups and spin-off companies co-financing grants for technology transfer, co-financing grants and conditional loans for commercialization of innovations, co-financing grants for establishment, operation and investments of Business-Technology Accelerators, equity and mezzanine investments, and support for establishment of private investment funds. The Fund will announce a separate public call for each award of funds for innovative projects.
The Fund is seeking 5 (five) members of the Committee for Approval of Investments who are to be selected and discharged by the Government of the Republic of Macedonia.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Members of the Committee for Approval of Investments (“the Committee”) will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- To consider, evaluate and approve project proposals submitted to them for all instruments for support provided by the Fund, including proposal for selection of the Management company for the Fund for equity and mezzanine investments and proposal for support for establishing private investment funds.
- To make decisions for awarding of funds under the support instruments,
- To hold Committee sessions for every public call for awarding funds
- To be available minimum 10 (ten) man-days by the end of 2017.
The term of office for two Committee members is 2 (two) years and for three Committee members is 3 (three) years.
The members of the Committee will be adequately remunerated for their work in the Committee and their travel costs will be covered.
Candidates for members of the Committee must meet the following criteria:
- Should be experts with at least ten (10) years of international experience in the area of investments in innovations. Experience in private business will be given preference;
- Should have at least university (bachelor’s) degree. Advanced degrees (Masters or PhD) in economics, business administration, finance, public policy, science and engineering will be given preference;
- Should have excellent written and spoken communication skills in English. Knowledge of Macedonian and/or another official language of the European Union will be considered an advantage;
- Should be flexible in terms of business travel to the Republic of Macedonia for the purpose of participating in meetings of the Committee; and
- Should not be subject to security measure for prohibition to perform profession, activity or duty and criminal law proceedings.
In addition to the above, applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Possession of in-depth understanding of innovation related activities and keeping up with the latest developments in innovation related activities;
- Excellent business judgment and evaluation and analytical decision-making skills;
- Ability for team work and respecting deadlines;
- Knowledge of the economic conditions in developing countries.
Applicants should submit their CVs with an attached recent photograph and a letter of motivation written in English language no later than 02.11.2017 to the following address: Government of the Republic of Macedonia Blvd. llinden, n.2 1000 Skopje, Republic of Macedonia and/or to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. The letter is to be referenced to Nadica Apostolovska, authorized person for receipt of applications.
Applicants are to clearly state their nationality in their applications. Applications must not exceed five pages.
Note: Applications will be evaluated by an independent and professional commission. All applicants who fulfill the selection criteria will be contacted.